Whether you are about to venture into a new dorm room with a stranger or looking to keep costs down (like me) a room mate can be a great or miserable experience. One of the things to help make it the former would be to get to know one another before or early on. Hopefully you have some things in common and can hit it off.
Finding myself living with a complete stranger (something I NEVER saw myself doing) I find my nosy side coming out and wanting to know more about him. So here is a list of questions I’ve come up with for us to answer and gt to know once another better. You can turn it into a game taking turns answering first, or maybe just ask a few at a time. Either way you choose, here are some good things to know about who you’re living with.
- Allergic to anything?
- Are you a night owl/early riser?
- Do you like spicy foods?
- Any brands you HAVE to have? (Give me my Dukes! Don’t try and play me with that miracle whip stuff. =P )
- What’s your favorite chore?
- How about least favorite?
- Do you have a job?
- Do you know the hours?
- What kind of music do you like?
- Who’s your favorite band/singer?
- If you could only watch once movie for the rest of your life, what would it be?
- How about T.V.? Do you watch a lot of it? Have a favorite show?
- Do you plan on having a lot of guests over?
- What are your hobbies?
- If you were stranded on an island with only three things, what would they be?
- Do you have any current health, physical, or mental issues we should know about?
- In case of emergency, do you have a number of someone I can call for you?
- What kinds of milk do you drink?
I’m sure there are plenty more questions and I will probably update this list a few times. For now though, here is a nice starting point to get to know the person you will be sharing your living space with. 🙂